Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Would it really matter?


I was reading an article the other day in regards to the DaVinci Code and what a controversy it made because of the ideas that it put forth, being that Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene and had a child. The other thing was it questioned Jesus' divinity, which if I remember correctly was never done in the book. When I read the book, which I enjoyed very much it made me think, if Jesus did have a family what effect does it have on my faith. I found that to me it made no difference at all. I found that if those facts were ever proven to me it just made the idea of "Family" that much more of a powerful idea. I mean even if he did have a family, he still did all the things we know him for, his ministry, his miracles, and finally his dying on the cross, which makes his own personal sacrifice that much more important! I can't speak for anyone else but myself but if anything my faith was made even stronger. In the end it comes down to one fact, he sacrificed himself on a cross for our sins so we may have a new life. So would it really matter if he was married and had a child, not at all!

No comments: